HISTORY of GAWSWORTH RECTORY
Gawsworth Rectory today
Two images of Gawsworth House before 1949
the building was originally two cottages that had been converted
to one building for use as the village school.
This image of Gawsworth House from about 1950. After it had been extended by Raymond Richards.
This became Gawsworth "New Rectory" in 1953 coinciding with the arrival of a new Rector, William Edgar Clarke Lth FSA Rector from1953 to 1964
John Raymond Harrison MA was the last Rector to live in the Old Rectory he was the Rector of Gawsworth from 1945 to 1953
Plans for the extension to Gawsworth Rectory built in 1973 by the PCC to provide a study annexe with an extra bedroom above. A separate front door provided access to the study for visitors. This is how we find the Rectory to day pretty much unchanged since 1973.
Image of Gawsworth Rectory taken after 1973 showing the Study annexe
The new front door is an 18th century door that was rescued from a house in Jordangate, Macclesfield that was demolished in 1973.